Hi! I’m Kay and I want to welcome you to Cultivate Heart-to-Heart Homeschooling!
First, I want to know about you! Do you…
- Ever feel overwhelmed with the responsibility of teaching your children, along with all of your other responsibilities?
- Sometimes ask “But what about me?”
- Long to give from a place of abundance instead of scarcity?
- Hope to nurture loving, respectful, and fun relationships with your children as you teach?
- Enjoy using a common-sense, natural approach to education?
- Desire to prepare your children— their hearts, minds, and souls—for whatever God calls them to do?
- Need some fresh ideas for teaching your students, but don’t want to buy a full curriculum? Or do you have a great curriculum and just want to feel confident that you can adapt it for your children?
If your answer is yes to any of these, I invite you to grab a cup of coffee. Think of this as a place for some real talk about being a Christian, homeschooling mom. I’ll be sharing not just from what we “did right” but also from the things I’ve learned along the way because we didn’t do them right all the time. And I’ll be providing some resources to help you on your own journey.
And here are few things about me…
First you should know I am completely imperfect, but perfectly loved by Jesus.
Married to my best friend for 24 years, I homeschooled my sons for 15 years. They both go to college now—my older in the same city we live, my youngest a few hours away. My nest is about to be empty. For me this is sad and fun, scary and exciting, all at the same time. But I do love who they have become.
I also have a few part-time jobs. I wrote the Middle School Extensions for the Trail Guide to Learning series, and continue to work for Geography Matters writing, revising, editing, and working with customers. I’ve had several articles published in Homeschooling Today Magazine and recently began working as their Content Coordinator. I’m a professional photographer, too. Here is one of my favorite pictures from a vacation to Colorado…
I love God, my family, long talks with friends, coffee, and dark chocolate. I believe the best vacations include reading on the porch of a cabin with a view of the mountains—with a cup of coffee, of course. In my opinion, fall is the absolute best season. The love of mountains and fall is kind of funny, because I live in a flat part of Texas with only two seasons: winter and summer. I do love Texas, though. It is home and it has THE BEST SUNSETS!
My house is often a hot mess, but we are working to declutter and simplify. I’m a bit distractible (ok, maybe more than just a bit), but I’m learning about becoming more productive. My reality doesn’t always reflect my ideals, but I keep praying and dreaming and trying.
I pray that when you come here, you will be encouraged in your walk with Christ, equipped to educate your children, and begin cultivating Heart-to-Heart Homeschooling.
So glad you are here!
Be a Heart-to-Heart Homeschool Mom!
Customize Your Homeschool Experience - Get the 29 Page Workbook Today!